Family Faith Formation – Grades 1 through 7
- Gospel Weeklies. Each week, we will prepare an at-home packet for each family which will include, for each child, a Gospel Weekly. Each Gospel Weekly is a fun, current and engaging “magazine” which focuses on the weekend readings. The packets will be available each weekend for the following weekend’s Mass readings – this will allow your family to prepare together to celebrate Mass with a greater appreciation for the scripture and how it applies to your life.
- Monthly Gatherings (8th grade families welcome). Each month, we ask each family to attend one in-person gathering. Gatherings will be held on a Wednesday evening at 7pm and on a Sunday at 9:30am so that each family can choose the most convenient time to attend.
Sacramental Preparation – First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- Our 2nd graders will participate along with their families in Family Faith Formation (the Gospel Weeklies and Monthly Gatherings as described above).
- In addition, beginning in January, our 2nd graders will meet on Sundays at 9:30am to prepare for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist.
Sacramental Preparation – Confirmation
- Our 8th graders will be preparing for Confirmation, meeting approximately twice a month on Sunday at 4:30pm followed by 6pm Mass.
- Two of the monthly meetings will be afternoon retreats held on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
- All 8th graders and their families are welcome to attend the Monthly Gatherings, as well as the regular meetings. (See Monthly Gatherings above.)
We ask that you be registered in the parish of St. Mary of the Bay in order for your family to participate in Faith Formation.
- New students are asked provide records of Baptism and First Communion if the sacraments were received at a parish other than St. Mary of the Bay, St. Jean Baptiste or St. Casimir.
- If you do not have a copy of your child’s sacramental records, please call the church where the sacrament was celebrated and request that it be sent to us.
- If your child has not been baptized, you are still most welcome to participate in Family Faith Formation. Please contact the Coordinator, the Deacon or the Pastor to discuss baptism.
The suggested offering for our program is $50 for the first student in a family and an additional $25 for additional students (max. payment of $100). Offerings may be made by check, or by credit or debit card online at stmaryofthebay.org.
- If using the online registration, you can pay online by clicking at the top of the form to be directed to our online giving platform.
- If the suggested offering is financially burdensome, please contact the Coordinator or the Pastor.
Questions should be directed to Carolyn Mello Pryor, Coordinator of Faith Formation at 401-245-7000 ext. 21, or SMBFaithFormation@gmail.com.