Rules and Regulations for Allowable Plot and Grave Decorating
St. Mary of the Bay Cemetery and St. Jean Baptiste Cemetery Vernon Street, Warren, Rhode Island
- All items except properly planted flowers and American flags qualify as decorations.
- All decorations are considered temporary/seasonal and must be seasonally correct (for example, no Christmas in July).
- Spring, Summer & Fall decorations are permitted from 3/1 – 12/1.
- Winter/Christmas decorations are permitted from 12/1 – 3/1.
- ALL seasonal decorations, lights, additional objects and temporarily attached items should be removed from the cemetery according to the seasonal guidelines above.
- Any items we deem inappropriate or dangerous to safe maintenance of cemetery grounds will be removed by the cemetery personnel.
- Planting will be permitted one foot in front of the monument marker—live flowers only.
- No Trees or Shrubs, Curbing, Hedging, Boarders, Wood Chips or enclosures of any kind around the grave/lot are permitted at any time.
*Rules and regulations packets are available upon request.